Thursday 3 May 2012

YOLO: you only live once

The first time I saw this “YOLO” I had no clue what it meant and so I asked my daughter who remarked to my surprise “You only live once.” I must confess I was taken aback, because it is written everywhere and the young especially quotes it so often. I wondered if they actually believe this to be so or they were just saying it to be cool.

The Bible is very clear about the state of man. It tells of the creation of Adam and Eve and their brief encounter in the garden with the arch –deceiver formerly Lucifer now Satan. How he persuaded them to eat of the tree which God had told them not to eat of. From the records we know that it was never God’s intention for man to die, but as a result of our first parents disobedience death was passed unto all men. However we see the Creator Christ Himself coming to earth to redeem man so that the curse of Sin may be broken.

God's love is warmer than the warmest sunshine, deeper than the deepest sea. "Eye has not seen nor ear heard neither has entered into the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love Him." 1Corinthians 2:9 and the only person who will stop you from entering Heaven is you! There is excitement and activity in the courts of Heaven, as Jesus prepares to return to take his children Home. 

Be prepared to meet Him in peace
How may we be prepared to meet Him in peace? Luke 21:34:36 Be careful not to let yourselves become occupied with too much feasting and drinking and with the worries of this life, or that Day may suddenly catch you, like a trap. For it will come upon all people everywhere on earth. Be on watch and pray always that you will have the strength to go safely through all those things that will happen and to stand before the Son of Man.


1 John 3:2-3 My dear friends, we are now God's children, but it is not yet clear what we shall become. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he really is. Everyone who has this hope in Christ keeps himself pure, just as Christ is pure.


So for those who are thinking they only live once let me encourage you to think again, and do not rob yourself of this joy of going home. There is a place waiting for you don’t be found wanting there. Christ said, “behold I come quickly and my reward is with me to give every man according as his work shall be.” Revelation 22:12



No comments:

Post a Comment